Archive for April, 2011
Yesterday I posted about 4 free danish complication albums and one of those comps includes When Saints Go Machine which are getting a very deserved amount of attention lately. So check out that post to get some free music. Then head over to When Saints Go machine’s Facebook page and click “Like”. When you do so you will get 3 free tracks from their E.P. Fail Forever. And if that isn’t enough you can go pre-order their upcoming album Konkylie (available June 21st).
Great song and amazing video via Gorilla vs Bear
This video contains footage from the upcoming documentary by Village Beat titled Tough Bond — a film about kids sniffing glue to survive street life in Kenya‘s disappearing villages and exploding urban slums.
Original documentary score was provided by Shabazz Palaces.
Learn more about the film and cause on the Village Beat Non-Profit Company page on Facebook
- video: Shabazz Palaces – “Blastit” (gorillavsbear.net)
- Another Country (negrophonic.com)
- a new Shabazz Palaces song, shows in NYC, Philly & SXSW (brooklynvegan.com)
- new Shabazz Palaces – “Lost Foundling” (gorillavsbear.net)
- Shabazz Palaces Announce New Album (pitchfork.com)
- Listening to “Lost Foundling” by Seattle’s Shabazz Palaces (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
Wonders Make Joy now have 4 compilations of known and up and coming artists for free download. Some personal favorites are Sleep Party People, When Saints Go Machine, Trentemøller and My Name Is Legion. There is a large amount of variety here and I am sure you will find more than few new favorite bands.
- Stream The Antlers Burst Apart (stereogum.com)
- The Antlers – “Parentheses” (stereogum.com)
- Listening Party: The Antlers ‘Burst Apart’ (castleqwayr.wordpress.com)
- The Antlers Stream Burst Apart at NPR (radioexile.com)
- The Antlers Release Burst Apart This May (pastemagazine.com)
- Listen to The Antlers’ Burst Apart (pastemagazine.com)
- The Antlers Ready Burst Apart, Debut Album at SXSW (silentuproar.com)
- The Antlers performed ‘Burst Apart’ @ SXSW w/ Wild Flag & more (pics & NPR stream), touring w/ Little Scream (dates) (brooklynvegan.com)
- Listen: New Antlers Song From Burst Apart (pitchfork.com)
The Knife have reported on their site that they are recording a new album for 2012. I will post when more details are released.
I just heard Lapalux (Soundcloud) this morning on indieshuffle.com in a post written by Elizabeth Walker and I could barely make it through the post before jumping over to iTunes and buying this E.P.. For those that like James Blake, Mount Kimbie, Holy Other and oOoOO get ready to be excited. R&B vocals are warped and pushed into the ghostly realm, jazzy piano floats in and out, hip-hop beats are chopped and stutter sexually while electro pulses flirt. According to iTunes I have been playing Many Faces Out Of Focus for 7 hours, it all just blurs into this sexy, shimmery, haze that I never want to end.
- Lapalux – Many Faces Out Of Focus (indieshuffle.com)
Unlike Matador, the band’s sophomore effort, the new record features significantly less guitar and focuses more on electronics and drum-heavy compositions. Pulsing beats and driving synths replace the lush glockenspiels and melodicas of the previous album, while concise song structures and haunting melodies remain.
People that pre-order will also get an exclusive digital E.P. sometime this summer.
03. I Sing The Body Electric
04. The Afternoon Child
05. A Smile In Sofia
07. Serie Noire
09. Yesterday’s Child
10. Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye
12. Airport Blues
- Arms & Sleepers (aurgasm.us)
- Review: Nostalgia For The Absolute by Arms and Sleepers (fieldsovgravity.com)
The mix features Plessow’s expert selections from a wide array of genres (“A classic Dj kicks, not just a house mix,” he says), including free jazz, cosmic disco, and afrobeat, with dedicated sequences of tracks giving the nod to classic Chicago house and a short list of the masters of production over the last several decades. Get a look the tracklist below, and look for some tasty tidbits coming soon right here!
1. Sun Ra – Door To The Cosmos
2. Electric Wire Hustle – Again (Scratch 22 Remix)
3. Rhythm & Sound – Mango Drive
4. Tony Allen – Ariya
5. Peven Everett – Stuck (Original)
6. Bad Jazz Troupe – Breakdown Treat – Dusty Rework (MCDE Edit)
7. Mr. Fingers – The Juice
8. Rick “Poppa” Howard – Can Your Love Find It’s Way (Club Vocal)
9. Stone – Girl I Like The Way That You Move (Dub)
10. Fred P – On This Vibe
11. Creative Swing Alliance – Don’t Forget Your Keyz
12. Geraldo Pino & The Heartbeats – Black Woman Experience
13. Philippe Sarde – Le Cortège Et Course
14. Robert Hood – The Pace
15. Loose Joints – Pop Your Funk (Vocal Version)
16. Arts & Crafts – I’ve Been Searching (Walter Gibbons 12” Mix)
17. Motor City Drum Ensemble – L.O.V.E. (DJ-Kicks)
18. Aphex Twin – Actium
19. Recloose – Cardiology (Isolée Mix)
20. Latecomer – Cosmic Cart
21. Timo Lassy – African Rumble
22. James Mason – Sweet Power, Your Embrace
One of his rough cuts to listen to while you wait. Oh and Happy 4/20.
Thanks to Gorilla vs. Bear for posting this vid of Neon Indian wandering in Helsinki while an excerpt of Heart:Attack plays in the background. Let’s hope this means the album is close to ready for release.
- BREAKING: Neon Indian returns to the buzzosphere, teases new album, + ‘new sound’ (hipsterrunoff.com)
- Neon Indian – “Heart: Attack” (gorillavsbear.net)
The deluxe edition package will come with a full colour 10″ x 7″ hardback book, which features exclusive images of the ISAM collaborative installation between Amon and Saatchi collection artist Tessa Farmer. The book also incorporates exclusive interviews with both Amon Tobin and Tessa Farmer, on the themes and inspiration behind ISAM, and on their groundbreaking project together.
The package also includes:
Instant Download of Audio
Limited Edition CD*